Hey there readers! Sorry about the delay in posting the finished sweater vest, Public Enemy. Being that my camera ran away from home one night it was tough to take pictures of my progress. I did get myself a new camera though, so all is not lost and life can continue.
Well look what we've got here... well if it isn't a finished sweater vest.
When I last left you I had seamed up one shoulder in order to knit and apply the ribbing. First I knitted the armhole ribbing the width of one of the armholes. After it was finished I transferred the stitches from the ribber onto the knitter bed and hung the armhole onto the machine and crochet cast off the seam.
I wanted to try something new for the V-neck. Usually I knit the neck band in 2 pieces (round necks can be knit in 1 piece if the knitting machine is large enough), 1) one side of the front and the back of the neck and 2) then the other side of the front. But I figured since I was going to sew the center front as a miter I figured I would just knit it all in one piece and sew the center front like you would a jersey or any other cut and sew knit.
Philip - In Brooklyn