Sunday, September 26, 2010

Taking a Moment, Barbra Streisand

            It’s an lazy overcast Sunday here in the BK, so I think now is a perfect time for me to share with you a special little someone.  Her name is Melinda Winifred Wayne Tentrees, and was portrayed by Barbra Streisand in the Movie-musical “On a Clear Day You Can See Forever”.   The film was made in 1970 and was directed by Vincente Minelli, yeah that’s right, Judy Garland’s husband and father to Liza Minelli... Can it get ANY better?!  It can, and does! 


            One of the most important things to remember about this movie is the period costumes were designed by two-time Academy Award Winner Cecil “My Fair Lady” Beaton!  Barbra dons these 19th Century duds AND she sings too! SAY WHAAT?!


            My partner in crime Kathleen introduced me to this movie back in 2000 and I haven’t been able to get it out of my head.  It’s so lush and amazing!  I would highly recommend that everyone watches this and pay attention to EVERY frame.  It may seem trite and corny at parts, but believe me… it’s perfection.


Philip - in Brooklyn

2 comments:

  1. I have been in love with this movie since 1975. My mother loved Barbra and passed on her love to me. One of my favorite things to do is to watch all her movies on a lazy Sunday. From What's Up Doc to Mirror has Two faces to the Fockers, I just LOVE Barbra

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with this wonderful movie. Covid19 lockdown. My step sister turned me onto this film in the 70's. I wish i could dress everyday like Barbra did in this film.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...