Monday, October 11, 2010

Costume Illustration - Helen Rose

            I love costume illustration.  They really knew how to make an impact back then.  Helen Rose was MGM's costume designer through the 1950s where she designed over 200 movies and won 2 Oscars.  One of her best know works was Grace Kelly's wedding gown.  Here is some example of her mad skills.


 For Joan Crawford in "Torch Song"
 For Debbie Reynolds in "Goodbye Charlie'
 For Grace Kelly in "High Society"
 Grace Kelly's Wedding Gown
 Helen Rose

I wish I knew who illustrated for her so I could give them a shout out.  If you know hit me up!

Philip - In Brooklyn

1 comment:

  1. Helen Rose's illustrator was Donna Peterson who went on to illustrate for Nolan Miller of Dynasty fame.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...