Saturday, October 9, 2010

Taking a Moment for Travilla


            So my niece has been campaigning to have me design her prom dress.  Now how could I say no to her sweet little face.  Not to mention she greased the wheels by saying she wants to look like Marilyn… MARILYN!!!
            To the Google!  I swiftly typed in Marilyn and all the related movies where she looked super Faboo!  That’s when I was reminded of her near personal designer William Travilla, Billy… he let me call him Billy.  We’re tight like that.
            Here is the link to his Wikipedia page.  I’m not gonna yammer on about his life when his work speaks for it self.


Marilyn and Jane on set of “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes”.  Work that Coca Cola!

Costume illustration for Loretta Young

Two sketches for “Valley of the Dolls”

Random costume sketch that was printed as birthday card

Costume test photo of Marilyn for “Gentlemen”

A costume test photo of my favorite gown from "How to Marry a Millionaire"

 The costume sketch for the most famous dress on celluloid

Philip - In Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...